Nails are one of the high concerns for the girls. So whether it’s about the nail shapes or about the nail arts women are really conscious about it. And especially once you go to the salons for the manicures or pedicures you’re asked to choose any of your desired shapes – round or square or any other shape. But there we often make mistakes. Because nail shape is not always something about what we want rather it’s about which shape will suit the best. So therefore it’s always best to have some detailed knowledge on the shapes because then only it becomes easier for us to choose or decide the shape. Cause there are varieties of nail shapes and actually we know very less of it.
So today let’s get started with some of the very popular nail shapes. Some of the very common and trendy types of nail shapes are :
- Edge shapes
- Mountain peak
Best nail shapes for natural nails are square, round, oval, squoval and lipstick and other nail shapes go well with the acrylic nails. Actually it’s easier to create different nail shapes in acrylic nails. As the gel applied for this purpose helps in strengthening the nails whereas giving shapes to your natural nails depends upon the strength of your nail and there always remains the chance of getting your nails broken.
1. Square Nails : It is one of the most popular nail shapes. Actually there’s nothing to know more about it. Because it is named according to the shape. It looks exactly square. Whether a girl has short nails or longer it will suit in both the cases. Like if we see the below given image , we can see that in these long nails how beautiful these square shapes are looking and bright colours on square shaped nails…what a perfect combination! In case of square nails the top of the nails remain flat and the corners remain sharp and that’s where the beauty of a square nail lies. Both in natural and acrylic nails this shape looks awesome. Dark colours look much better in this shape.
2. Round Nails : Whenever we talk about the nail shapes the primary two shapes that always come to our mind are Square and Round shapes. Here, round is the second most popular shape that comes to our mind. But unlike the square shape it doesn’t always suit everybody well. Apart from this, one interesting fact about this shape is both bright and light colours suit well in this shape. If you are giving shape to your natural nails then it is actually a superb shape. This shape looks awesome on short nails. Some bold nail arts or light colours look amazing on it.
3. Almond Nails : Actually this shape is self- explanatory. The nails exactly look like almonds. Generally this shape requires a professional touch as natural nails are not always strong enough to hold this shape perfectly for a long time period. Hence, often at nail salons they apply gel or acrylic to give your nails this kind of shape. Medium length nails are best for this. Nude colours work well in this case.
4. Ballerina Nails : It is also another self explanatory nail shape. Because it looks like Ballerina shoes. It is of the most trendy nail shapes. People often get confused between the Ballerina and the Stiletto nail shapes. But this nail shape includes square tips rather than pointy tips and that is what creates the difference. It is also otherwise known as Kylie Jenner’s Signature Nail Shape. Longer nails are perfect for this shape and mostly light pink goes well with this shape.
5. Stiletto Nails : It is quite similar to the Ballerina nails but is a little bit different from it because of it’s sharp pointy tips. The speciality of this shape is it ends at a much sharp pointy tip. Just look at this picture. How classy it looks actually. The sharp pointy nails with the watermelon manicure is a perfect style for the summer. Always long nails are suggested for this shape. In this case colour is not a first priority, because stone nail arts or glitter nail arts are highly recommended for this.
6. Coffin Acrylic Nails : If you are a lover of acrylic nails then this shape is exactly perfect for you. This shape is perfect for an extrovert as they often prefer clubbing and partying and this manicure is perfect for the parties. It is quite similar to the almond acrylic nails. But the straight square pattern of the tip brings the difference in its look. Short coffin acrylic nails look absolutely cute. For this shape, the nails should be longer. Nude or lighter colours look better on it.
7. Squoval Nails : It is a kind of mixture of square nails and oval nails. This design suits everyone. One can even give their square shaped nails the look of these squoval nails and the technique is literally very simple. Only by rounding the edges of the square nails you can achieve this shape. It looks very classy in every nail colour and is a perfect shape for office wear and everyday wear. Just see this below mentioned image, how beautiful this shape looks along with this green shade.
8. Mountain Peak Nails : This shape is also known as Lady Gaga’s Signature Nail Shape, as it is her all time favourite style to follow up. It looks quite like the Stiletto but the longer shapes create the difference here. And in this shape the nail ends are quite pointy too. Stone nail arts and glitter nail arts look perfect on this.
9. Oval Nails : If you are imagining the shape of the round one then you are wrong this time. It is actually little different from the round nails. In this shape the curvature looks the finest and creates the perfect oval shape. In this image we can see how the shape is enhancing the beauty of glitter nail arts. Medium length nails are best for this shape. Bright vibrant colours look amazing in this shape.
10. Flare Nails : I hope you can get the idea of this shape from its name. Yes, exactly, this shape creates a flare. This shape is quite different from all other shapes. It is quite unique and requires a lot of practice to do it. Stone nail art is actually best for this. It is one of the most innovative designs.
11. Edge Nails : Edge Nails are quite similar to the mountain peak shapes but the difference lies in its sharpness. It is less pointy, less aggressive and less sharp. Just see how beautiful the shape looks along with this summer cool manicure. It suits both on long and medium length nails. Double tone nail art looks amazing on this.
12. Lipstick Nails : Have you ever seen the shape of a new lipstick tube. Exactly that is how this shape looks. So just imagine if you are having this shape how cool the combination of nails and lips are going to be. Because if we are going to apply the same shades it is going to look absolutely sassy. Medium length nails are actually preferable for this.
13. Arrowhead Nails : These nail shapes are so very similar to each other that often you will get confused in between the ideas. Like if we see the stilettos and arrowheads you will find difficulties in identifying them. Here the shape is less pointy and the size of the shape is shorter. Longer nails are suggested for this shape. Vibrant nail arts look amazing in this shape.
14. Cosplay Nails : Cosplay means the practice of dressing up as a character from a film, book or video game and for these kinds of dress ups they give their nails different types of shapes. Mostly stilettos and mountain peaks are very famous. But these shapes are little different as the artists do some kind of modifications in those shapes and create some innovative looks and those are called cosplay nails. It always looks better on longer nails. Mostly black, blue colours are suitable for this.
So along with the nail art it is also important to focus on the nail shapes. Because not all types of shapes suit everybody because it partly depends on the strength of the nail and partly on the shape and structure of the finger. It even depends on the size of the nails you have too, if you are trying to give shapes to your natural nails.Actually shapes are very important to create a classy look. If you have shorter nails then also nail shapes can give breaks to that boring style. And if you have longer nails then the combination of a perfect nail shape along with a classy or bold nail art is simply going to rock. Therefore it is very necessary to have a clear concept about the nail shapes so that one can understand well, which nail shape she should choose.