French toast is one of those happy foods that can make your morning start in the best possible way. By just picking up the three most basic ingredients like milk, bread, and egg, your morning is sorted once you spot these ingredients in your kitchen a night before. Hence, combing all the three to come up with a loaded and milky toast only seems like the most natural progression devised by our ancestors to make breakfast fun. So what are you waiting for? Try out this simple French toast recipe which is so easy to make, super delicious and is perfect for any brunch or breakfast. We have come with different types of recipes of which you can choose the best French toast recipe at your convenience. A few helpful tips are also mentioned for you. So without further ado let’s get started.
Classic French Toast Recipe
Mornings with yummy breakfast are fancier than anything. Once you make this french toast recipe, you are most likely to make it every day for your family or friends. This simple French toast recipe starts with just a few ingredients and you can customize it further according to your taste. Here is the list of a few basic ingredients that you will need.
Ingredients For French Toast Recipe
- Milk – you require one cup of milk. Here you can use any flavored milk depending upon your preference. If you do not wish to use milk, you can use the milk alternatives.
- Eggs – one or two according to your choice.
- Bread – it can be a set of two or more. It completely depends on how many people you want to make it for.
- Salt – add a pinch of salt
- Flavoring – you can add a vanilla extract or ground cinnamon if you wish to enjoy a classic flavor. It adds a richness of flavor to your French toast. Here cinnamon is completely optional, you can add or subtract according to your choice.
- Butter – it is supposed to be added while cooking and while serving if you like it to be buttery!
- Syrup – fruit syrups can add sweetness and flavors to your French toast.
How To Make A Quick French Toast Recipe?
- Whisk – whisk the egg, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together in a baking dish or flat bottomed pie plate. So, later on, you can dip your bread in it easily.
- Dip – once the batter is whisked perfectly, place the bread slices one or two at a time and into the mixture and flip to make sure that slices are coated well. Here you have to take care that once you place your bread on one side you need to quickly flip to another side as some sandwich bread absorbs too quickly.
- Cook – After you coat both the slices of the bread with liquid, melt the butter in a large skillet or on a griddle. Place those bread slices one by one on a grill and then cook the slices for around 3 to 4 minutes on a medium flame until they are golden brown.
- Serve – As soon as the bread turns golden brown, take it out and add syrup on the top. Now it’s ready to be served.
Stuffed French Toast Recipe
This easy French toast recipe will make an impressive brunch meal for your guests or friends. Make this stuffed fancy french toast recipe filled with jelly and peanut butter. Follow these pro tips, and you will be on the road to French toast glory. The procedure for this recipe goes as follows.
Ingredients For Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- 4 thick slices of bread
- 50 grams of crunchy peanut butter.
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon of golden caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 50ml of double cream
- 100 grams of fresh raspberries
- 50 grams of icing sugar
- Butter needed at the time of frying
- 25 grams roughly chopped roasted peanuts
- Half tablespoon of lemon (optional)
How To Make A Stuffed French Toast Recipe?
- To make brittle, you need to sprinkle the sugar into a frying pan in a thin layer covering the base. Cook on medium heat until the sugar turns into a caramel. Then yip in the nuts with a pinch of salt and coat them in the caramel. Pour the paste onto a baking paper-lined tray and leave it to cool completely.
- Tip the jam ingredients into a small pan and cook until the raspberry loses its shape and turns liquidy. Strain this mixture to a sieve while discarding the seeds and then pulse in a small blender to get the caramel and nut crumbs.
- Mix the peanut butter into a bowl. Divide the mix between two pieces of bread with 3 tablespoons of raspberry jam. Sandwich the slices together just like a multiple layered sandwiches
- Beat the eggs, vanilla, cream, and sugar in a shallow bowl. Then sip the sandwiches for a few minutes on each side until the crusts start to soften.
- Spread a thin layer of butter in the frying pan, When it starts to foam, add sandwiches and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until it is golden brown. Turn off the flame and sprinkle peanut brittle on the top. Now your delicious dish is ready to be served.
Notes To Be Followed
When you dip the slices into the egg mixture, and you leave your bread in the mixture for more than one to two minutes then it will take a longer time to cook. The crispness of the bread may also be gone. So make sure you remove the bread from the mixture within a minute.
French toast is definitely amongst those meals that always hit the spot- whether you are having it for Sunday breakfast or whipping some for the midnight snack. Make this easy yet delicious French toast recipe for two or many, you are going to love it. It becomes more versatile when topped with yogurt, berries, and syrup. So don’t wait too long, serve your family or guest with this healthy and easy meal in less time.