Have you been planning to bake some homemade chocolate chip cookies but you could not because you don’t know exactly how to make it? While here is this best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. No extraordinary ingredients, just a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe which will help you make perfect cookies every time you try it.
All of us need the best chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe ever, and here is my version of it. I can bet that this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe you will try. I have been following it for a long time now and every time I make it, choco chip cookies turn out to be the best.
This easy chocolate chip cookie recipe has no funny ingredients, less time consuming and with best results to serve you the delicious cookies. You can also say it to be the soft chocolate chip cookie recipe because it makes you the softest and amazing cookies.
Did you know that you can freeze the cookie dough and then use it later? Well here is all about, how to store it:
I always prefer freezer-friendly dough, so you save on time and can have freshly baked cookies every time you want it. You just need to thaw the frozen dough before baking it. I always keep some cookie dough balls in store for the unexpected guest and while baking, I just let the cookie dough out of the freezer, place it on a parchment paper-covered tray and cover it with a light napkin and let it thaw. And once they are back to normal, which takes around an hour, I put the tray directly into the oven. It’s just that easy.
So let’s get started with our homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe:
Here is a little detail about the major ingredients and there substitutes:
- Butter – I use the salted butter to make my cookies. I have tried a few major brands, which worked well for me. You can use any brand of butter, which you like. If you prefer unsalted butter, that would work too. Just remember tasting dough before cooking to check on the salt in it.
- White sugar – to make these chocolate chip cookies I prefer using the wholesome organic cane sugar. I have been using it for long now and this white sugar works perfectly for me. You can use any white granulated sugar though.
- Brown sugar – for the better results I prefer using light brown sugar in my recipe.
- Flour – I use and recommend using unbleached all-purpose flour to make these cookies even healthier.
- Sea salt – I strongly recommend and personally use sea salt for all my cooking and baking. It’s usually different then the usual salt, so if you switch it, then please make sure you taste it to adjust the flavor.
- Chocolate chips – I do use chocolate chunks, chopped chocolate or the chocolate chips. You can use any of them. Won’t make a difference. Just use two cups of quantity.
- Course: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 8 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 36 cookies
- Calories: 183 kcal
Equipment required for making these choco-chip cookies:
- Measuring spoon
- Measuring cups
- Baking sheet
- Kitchen aid mixer
- Baking tray
Ingredients for making these choco-chip cookies:
- 1 cup of soft salted butter
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2tsb of pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips/ chopped chocolate/ chocolate chunks
Instruction to make chocolate chip cookies:
- Preheat your oven at 375 degrees F. line and set a baking pan with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Take a separate bowl and mix in the salt, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set this aside.
- Now take a bowl and add butter and sugar in it. Whisk it together until it turns into a creamy texture.
- Now add in this the whole eggs and vanilla extract and beat it together in the butter until soft and fluffy.
- Now take the dry ingredients and add them into the batter bowl and combine and whisk it well to incorporate the flour well.
- Now add the two cups of chocolate chips or chocolate nut into this batter and with the help of spatula mix it well.
- Now the dough is ready. Make the balls from the dough, depending on the size of the cookies you want and place them on the parchment paper tray evenly. You can also use your ice cream scoop for making even cookies.
- Now place your tray inside the preheated oven and bake the cookies for around 8 to 10 minutes. Take your cookies out, exactly when they start to turn brown.
- Set the tray aside for 2 minutes, letting them cool then and then you can shift them on the cooling rack.
- While you remove the cookie from the oven, you will notice that they look doughy. This is the secret that makes these cookies so delicious.
- Many people do not like the salty cookies so make sure to taste the dough so you can adjust the salt flavor.
- This dough will make around 36 cookies.
- You can very easily store the left out dough by placing the dough balls wrapped in plastic foil or an airtight container and freeze them.
Nutrition chart for 1 cookie:
- Calories: 183 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Potassium: 31mg
- Sodium: 153mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 18g
- Vitamin A: 197IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- Iron: 1mg
I hope you try this recipe out, and it proves to be the best choc chip cookie recipe for you. Make these delicious cookies at home and enjoy snacking on them with your family and kids.