The cookbooks, baking blogs, and social media abound with the best chocolate cake recipe nowadays, drag our attention to these delicious cakes that make us want to eat them all. Whether it’s an anniversary, birthday party or any other family celebration, chocolate cake is something that we all crave for in these celebrations. But we love and can have these delicious chocolate cakes anytime, just because we are in the mood for something sweet and satisfying.
From new-fangled creations to traditional favorites, or classic cake with a twist, there is something for everyone. Even the ones who are more health-conscious will find the right classic chocolate cake recipe to suit their diet here. Countless innovations and important tips for baking the top-notch chocolate cakes is what we bring for you. So if you are someone who cannot get enough of this delicious dessert, have a look below. We have come up with the best homemade chocolate cake recipe along with some tips that you use to make a cake any time you want.
How To Make One?
The chocolate cake recipe is classic and timeless. Something you can never have enough. Whether you are looking to bake a chocolate layered cake or fudge cake, here is the perfect yet simple cake recipe for you.
To bake a chocolate cake, you need to have these required ingredients. Depending upon their type, we have categorized them into dry and wet ingredients. Moreover, there are ingredients for buttercream frosting for the ones who love to enjoy their cakes with it.
In dry ingredients, you will require the following items:
- 120 grams of all-purpose flour
- 35 grams of cocoa powder
- Half tablespoon of salt
- Half tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 full cup of organic sugar
Wet ingredients include the following items:
- 1 egg (optional)
- Half cup of milk
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Half cup of boiling water
Chocolate Buttermilk frosting (optional)
To make chocolate buttermilk frosting, you will need the following set of ingredients:
- Half cup of butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- One and a half tablespoon of milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
How to Make an Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe?
We have listed the chocolate cake recipe from scratch. Here are the procedures as follows:
- Take a cake mold of 6 inches and grease it well with butter and keep it aside. Also to bake your cake you have to preheat your oven to 170 C for at least 10 minutes.
- Now in a bowl, add all the dry ingredients including baking powder, cocoa, salt, baking soda, flour and mix it well with the help of whisker. Then add sugar in the bowl and mix all the ingredients well.
- Keep whisking all the ingredients until they are no more lumps in it.
- Once your dry mixture is ready. Take another bowl and add the rest of the wet ingredients including egg, milk, oil and vanilla in it.
- Give it all a good Whisk together and then add your dry ingredients to it and whisk it again until they combine well and there are no lumps to it. Do it in a circular motion and make sure that you do not overdo it.
- After mixing all these ingredients, you will have a thick batter. Once the hot water is ready, pour the hot water into the batter.
- Now add in this a cup of warm water, it will immediately get absorbed in the batter and it will look uniform. The entire batter will look very runny at this stage.
- Now pour this entire batter in your cake mold carefully and tap the mold on the counter 3 to 4 times to set the top.
- You can now set your cake dish in a preheated oven for Baking. It will take around 30 to 40 minutes until the cake is baked well. You can check it by inserting a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean your cake is ready and if not you can let it bake for another few minutes. But keep checking it meanwhile.
- Once the cake is ready, wait for it to cool down before you layer it with frosting.
Frosting Chocolate Cake
- To make a butter frosting, take a bowl and add a half cup of butter in it and beat it until it’s creamy and soft.
- Once a smooth cream is formed add in the powdered sugar, cocoa and milk.
- Now that the cream has a desired runny consistency, refrigerate it and spread on the cake with a spatula.
- Depending upon the type of cake you want, you can add multiple layers of frosting one by one and add choco chips to cover up the top layer and the cake is ready to get served.
One into Many
Yes, you heard that right, by just following this above simple chocolate cake recipe, you can make several different types of chocolate cakes. Wondering how? Well, every person has different choices when it comes to flavor and type. This above-mentioned recipe can be employed in making different sets of chocolate cake like peanut butter chocolate cake, chocolate mousse cake, raspberry chocolate cake, chocolate Oreo cake, a moist chocolate cake and a lot more. For example, in a case of moist chocolate cake you don’t need to follow different moist chocolate cake recipes, instead, you can lower the amount of flour content in your batter. This decadent chocolate cake is easily a crowd pleaser and the perfect treat for all your celebrations.
NotesTo Be Followed
From collecting the ingesting to baking the delicious cake, one should consider these points while following this basic chocolate cake recipe.
- While making the chocolate ganache, everything should be maintained at room temperature.
- Once the ganache is prepared, it should be wrapped properly to avoid crust formation.
- While adding dry and wet ingredients, make sure to not over mix the batter.
- Also, if you do not prefer to bake the cake in the oven, you use a pressure cooker instead. Make sure that you bake on medium flame for 35 to 40 minutes.
This type of chocolate cake is quite the rage right now. Not just it’s delicious but also popular for the fact that you can make it anytime and for any occasion, you want or just to satisfy your chocolate cravings on a regular day. Now make your dream come true by following this world’s best chocolate cake recipe and amaze your family and friends with your amazing cooking skills.