Carrot cake is such a versatile dessert that most people not only tend to enjoy on Easter but also all year long. There is nothing like a cake to convert an ordinary occasion into a grand celebration. Now forget about going to the market and waiting for an occasion to grab this cake, instead, try out the amazing carrot cake recipe which can be prepared anytime and whenever you feel like having one.
Homemade Carrot Cake Recipe
Once you realize that it is very easy and simple to make the carrot cake from scratch, you will want to make it over and over again. Homemade cake follows a moist carrot cake recipe which is legit, fluffy and extra moist, unlike other dry cakes. It is made with some warming spices so that the flavors of all fresh carrots can shine through. Another most important thing about this healthy carrot cake recipe is that it must be accomplished with a rich cheese cream frosting in its every single bite. This ultimate rich homemade carrot cake is the best dessert match made in heaven.
How to make a moist carrot cake recipe?
When it comes to moist carrot cake, it is one of the most popular choices of almost every person as it is super easy to make, versatile and utterly delicious. Here are a few ingredients that you must have while baking this cake.
- Oil – cakes require fat for soft texture. When you prepare cakes without super strong flavor, like in the case of vanilla cake you can use butter as fat but in the case of the carrot cake recipe, it has flavors from different ingredients so any flavorless oil here is the best choice.
- Brown sugar – market-based cakes generally employ granulated sugar. This granulated sugar doesn’t do much for the cake besides sweetening it. Apart from adding the sweetness, brown sugar adds moisture and flavor as well.
- Applesauce – To prevent the cake from tasting too moist or oily, our healthy carrot cake recipe with applesauce adds good taste and flavors which pair beautifully with other spices and brown sugar.
- Freshly grated carrots – the easiest part to make the best carrot cake recipe is to grate the whole carrot at your home. Do not use packaged pre-shredded carrots as they are dry and super hard. This home grated carrots act as prime moisture for your cake is the key essential part of the whole process that you don’t want to skip it.
Classic Carrot Cake Recipe
Now let’s get straight into making the best carrot cake. This simple carrot cake recipe is super easy that can be made in any sized mold. Loaded with the essential extras and cream cheese frosting can get anyone’s mouth-watering. The recipe starts with the basic ingredients that can be generally found in our kitchen, some of them include,
- 2 cups or 260 grams of chopped pecans for cake and garnish
- 100 grams of dark brown sugar
- 300 grams of granulated sugar
- 4 eggs (optional)
- 1 full cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Half a tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 130 gram of smooth unsweetened applesauce
- Half tablespoon of salt
- 4 large grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- Half tablespoon of baking soda
How To Make Carrot Cake Recipe?
- Make the cake- Preheat the oven to 149 degrees Celsius. Place a large baking sheet with a parchment paper and spread out the chopped pecans on this sheet. Toast these pecans for 7 to 8 minutes and then allow it to cool completely.
- Turn the oven up to 175 degrees Celsius. Greece your cake mold and place the parchment paper in that mold. With the help of parchment paper you can release the cake easily from the mold.
- Whisk brown sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla extract and applesauce together in a large bowl until the smooth batter is ready. In another bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and ginger together. Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients by using a rubber spatula. Once they are mixed well, add grated carrots to this mixture.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Keep in the microwave and wait for 25 to 30 minutes. After every 10 minutes check the cake. You can use a toothpick for the same. If it comes out without sticking, that is, clean then remove the cake from the microwave and allow it too cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting Is Must
Carrot cake and cheesecake frosting go together like best of friends. If you are someone who is completely obsessed with cream cheese frosting then here we have mentioned the complete procedure for frosting that you can follow.
Ingredients for Cheese Cake Frosting
- 450 grams of full-fat block cream cheese
- 100 grams of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of heavy cream or milk
- Half tablespoon vanilla extract
- 250 grams of sugar
How to Make Cheese Cake Frosting?
- Take a large bowl; beat the butter and cream cheese together for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt to it. Beat the complete mixture until the desired thick creamy consistency is obtained.
- With the help of a serrated knife or a cake leveler, layer off the top of a cake to create a flat surface. Evenly cover the top with frosting and decorate the top of the cake with toasted pecans.
- With the help of outstanding spice flavor, velvety cream cheese frosting and super moist crumb, your homemade delicious carrot cake is ready.
Now by following these quick tips and procedures of this easy carrot cake recipe, go and make one for you. Not only will it be easy to make, but it is amazingly moist and rich in flavors which is almost incredible to stop. Whether it is your friend’s birthday party, anniversary or any grand party celebration, this is truly the best dessert to go for.