This is the easy pizza dough recipe. With really basic ingredients and no fancy requirements. This simple pizza dough recipe just needs a bowl, a little kneading and 30 minutes to be ready.
I am excited to share my best pizza crust recipe. This pizza dough is not anything fancy or glammed up. It is just a basic pizza dough recipe. Because anyway it’s the base, how to do it fancy? And it is not even required. But for those who have issues making dishes using the yeast, making a nice dough is a real-time task. But this pizza base recipe is the best pizza dough recipe by hand and easy for you to follow. And don’t panic about this at all. As the recipe will help you make the best version of the pizza base.
Right here are a few basic questions that might come to your mind while making your pizza dough. Let’s take a look:
Which flour works best for a homemade pizza dough recipe?
Many professional pizzerias would say that bread flour is best for homemade dough. And I believe like me most of us do not have these fancy things available at home all the time. So while working on this recipe, I worked my best with all-purpose flour and it came out perfect. But yes if you have the bread flour available, go for it as it is a perfect fit for a thin crust pizza dough recipe whole wheat flour makes a soft dough.
Can I add flavor to my dough?
Pizza dough is a basic for any pizza, but it is a bland thing. But it still tastes amazing because of the topping. But yes you can do it all the time, don’t overdo it. A little garlic powder, basil leaves or oregano works the best for flavoring your crust.
How should I give a good stretch to my pizza dough?
You can do it whichever way you are comfortable. If you can roll it with a roller, do that, if you can use your hands to stretch it, try it that way and if you are Profesional, give it a toss. But if you are not a pro and want to practice a quick pizza dough recipe just go with the rolling pin, easy to use and work quickly. And then using your hand you can pinch the dough edges to make the crust of the pizza and brush it all over with olive oil and then using the fork, make holes on the base which helps it bake well.
Let’s get started with the perfect pizza dough recipe:
- Course: main course
- Cuisine: American
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Rising time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
- Serving: 1 “10-12” pizza dough
- Calories: 101 kcal
Ingredients for pizza dough:
- 2- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour or bread flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoon of instant yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ – ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder or dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¾ cup of warm water
Instructions for making pizza dough:
- Take a large bowl and in that Combine the flour, salt, yeast and sugar together.
- Now add olive oil and warm water to it and using a wooden spoon give it a nice stir.
- While it’s mixed it’s time to add in another cup of flour and keep stirring it well. Keep looking that the dough is getting together like a ball is leaving the bowl sides, that is the time where your dough is getting into shape. It will still be a little sticky but must be manageable with hands.
- Now taking another separate large-sized bowl, clean it well and then with the help of a pastry brush, brush all the sides of the bowl with olive oil.
- Now covering your hands in flour take the dough and form it into a ball. Once it is done transfer the dough ball to the oiled bowl you prepared. Then using your hand roll it inside the bowl itself so it is well covered with the olive oil. Then take a plastic wrap and cover the bowl with it well and keep it aside in a warm place.
- Let the dough get fermented and rise properly or until it is double in the size. It will take around 30 minutes. If you’re planning to bake this dough directly into a pizza, then you must preheat your oven to 425 F by the time the dough is fermenting. And once your dough is ready you can directly put it for baking.
- Once your dough is well fermented, take it out of the bowl and transfer it on a surface covered with flour gently and flatten it by kneading until it’s smooth.
- Now roll it using the rolling pin or your hand, whichever way you find comfortable. Make it a 12” large circle.
- Now carefully transfer this flat dough on the parchment paper tray, you can also fold the edges to get a good crust.
- Then using the pastry brush, drizzle some more olive oil on the top of your pizza base.
- Using a fork, make holes all over the pizza dough to save it from the bubbling in the oven.
- Now add your desired toppings on the base of the pizza and bake it for 13-15 minutes in a preheated oven or until your topping turns golden brown. Now slice it and serve.
I want to mention that the all-purpose flours make a softer pizza crust, while if using bread flour, it gives a nice thin crispier crust. So if you are planning to have a thin crust, you must use the bread flour.
The water used for dough must be of 40-46C temperature. I just warm the water but make sure it is not too hot because that will simply kill the yeast.
I wish that you use this recipe in your kitchen soon for enjoying a good homemade style pizza and you like it as much as I like it.