Mehendi is “the art of applying a temporary design to a person’s skin using a red-brown dye; especially for their wedding day.” But the emotion regarding Mehendi is very deep rooted in our Indian Culture. This form of body art was initially developed in India and then time after time this tradition has spread across many Asian countries, Arabian countries and in the Middle East.
Mehendi is an essential part of a bride’s “Solah-Singar” ( sixteen adornments of the bride). It generally takes place a day before the wedding.
Let’s talk about some of the best types of mehndi designs today:
1. Bridal Mehndi Designs: Bridal mehndi designs are all about captivating floral charms or long paisley patterns or lace lines. These designs look quite gorgeous, elegant and damn artistic. There are some bridal mehndi designs where central becomes the focus such as the Rajasthani Design or the Paisley Design or the marvellous peacock design. But if we talk about the mandala forms then they not only look elegant but simple also. Whether it’s the split mandala or the royal architecture in both the cases the blank spaces enhance the beauty. Now think about the traditional floral bridal mehndi designs. Aren’t they damn classy? The edgy and sharp and pointy floral blendings look outstanding. Those who prefer minimalist bridal design can choose the chequered patterns or the lace pattern or the twists. Because they don’t require full coverage but look flawless. And those who want to have something unique design for their mehndi ceremony can undoubtedly try the asymmetric patterns or the elephant motif. These patterns adorn the hand so well that anyone will fall for it.
2. Arabic Mehndi Designs: Arabic Mehndi Designs are not very complex but definitely look damn sober. These designs look fantastic with some gorgeous accessories. For the bridesmaids these designs are on high demand. Arabic Mehndi originated in Arabic countries but later gained much popularity in Asian countries too. Those who want to have some simple and classy designs can surely try Diagonal designs, Lace chains, swirl designs or twist designs. And those who want to have some decorative diagonal designs can surely try the very popular Captivating Diagonal Floral Arabic Design. Even in some scenarios we see that brides also want to have Arabic designs. For that case one should try the traditional full hand arabic mehndi design. One of the most classy and modern designs is the rose arabic mehndi design. Even the shaded half floral arabic mehndi design also looks super cool. These two designs are quite similar but those who want to have some descriptive designs should try the second one. One of the most common designs is the half hand arabic design. And if you’re looking for some foot mehndi then why not just try out the famous chequered design?
3. Gujrati Mehndi Designs: We all know that whenever the topic Mehndi comes, Gujrat becomes the top rated subject for discussion! Yes, the gujrati mehndi designs are famous for their extravagant, symmetrical and timeless beauty. And whenever we talk about gujrati mehndis the first name that comes into our mind is the Elegant peacock style. The feathers, eyes and the lips make the design look absolutely royal. If you’re a newly married bride and want to have an attraction mehndi design then why not just try the famous dulha-dulhan style or the typical romantic gujrati mehndi design? These are the most meaningful mehndi designs through which you can easily depict a story and that’s absolutely gorgeous. Have you ever heard about flirting with your mehndi designs? Yes you got it right; the popular floral gujrati mehndi! The leafy extensions, the sparkle, the small paisleys make the design look mind blowing. Another very popular design in gujrati mehndi culture is the mango design. This design is quite similar to the paisley design but looks very unique and provides full coverage. Lovely mango patterns either in a diagonal form or in the centre makes the design more beautiful. So when we are already talking about diagonal shape let’s also talk about the diagonal gujrati mehndi. This is a very common one but looks very smooth and soft. One of the most unique designs is the geometric pattern. The combination of mandala and strokes look awesome here. And if you want some minimalist ideas, you can then try the chakra design or the jaal design. But if you’re looking for some bridal gujrati design then we will recommend you to have the full hand traditional gujrati mehndi.
4. Punjabi Mehndi Design: Punjabi Mehndi Designs are very popular for the wedding seasons, so if you’re in search of some mehndi designs for your wedding then your search ends here! One of the most popular designs is the Paisley Design. It is always in fashion and is of timeless elegance. The combination of small and large Paisleys look superb. Another most popular design is the peacock design. This design looks stunning. The tail extension of the peacock makes it very attractive. One of the best punjabi Mehndi Designs is the Dot design. It is easy to do and looks very neat and clean. Even the circular mehndi also looks very stylish. If you don’t prefer full coverage you can try this out. The chequered and the lines are perfect designs for back hand. This looks quite similar to the geometric pattern but the small curves and sharp lines make a good combination. The floral design also looks perfect in a wedding ceremony. And if you’re looking for some foot mehndi designs then you can try out the borders or the creepers or the spirals. The glitter design is a very artistic form of Punjabi Mehndi Designs and you can’t simply ignore the beauty of it.
5. Traditional Mehndi Designs: The instant concept comes into our mind after hearing this name is some full coverage designs that look absolutely elegant, attractive, typical perfect glamourous motifs. So when we are already talking about motifs let’s talk about the famous lotus motif. This motif looks very beautiful and is a perfect bridal design too. And what about some hearty peacock tails or some traditional beauty strokes that can just blow anybody’s mind! Recent tradition follows the couple design or the personalised design more. One of the cool traditional Mehndi Designs is the GOT design. Yes this is typically for the game lover couples. Leafy patterns never go out of fashion and they look absolutely vibrant. What about mixing up all the forms? Yes, the best traditional design is the all messed up design. The combination of leaves, flowers and Paisleys and the central name form makes it superb. The twisting floral design or the stripes and the neat and chic design are also such designs that you just cannot overlook.
6. Hindustani Mehndi Designs: These mehndi designs are famous for meaningful portrayals. These designs express the Hindu culture, traditions very well. In this category some of the famous designs are Chakra, paisley, floral, traditional, lace. These designs can be done in both bridal and arabic forms and look superb. They adorn the hands so very well that you will love it. If you do this design for full hand mehndi design they will surely enhance your bridal look and in fact these are some of the best bridal mehndi designs for full hands. Even for leg mehndi design also you can try this. The detailing of these designs look marvellous. The trailed pattern or the mandala pattern or the heart pattern are also quite famous. The petite strokes and the jhumka motif or the lotus motif are also damn gorgeous. These designs look very artistic and decorative. If you want to have something unique, simply just make a combination of any of these two designs and just see how beautiful it looks.
7. Floral Design: Floral patterns look super gorgeous as they cover the palm. It’s a very common pattern but never goes out of fashion. This latest mehndi design includes various forms. One easy mehndi design is the flowery – vine, that creates a spiral path. Central floral pattern is one such palm mehndi design that looks damn attractive. The Floral paisley design is a foot mehndi design that covers the area beautifully. Those who want to have some front hand easy mehndi designs can try the heart flowers. Simple mehndi design for the beginners is the glittering floral design. The full hand floral pattern or the diagonal floral pattern also looks great. These are little different kinds of arts but are super easy to draw. The twisted floral design or the circular floral design or the floral chain or the spiral floral designs look absolutely divine. These patterns look like hand gears or like bracelets. The circular floral design looks wonderful. It is all about decoration, ornamentation and elegance.
8. Minimalist Designs: In this category the simple mehndi design is a great pattern for the fuss free brides. And even you can also try the mandala forms. The symmetrical mandala art makes the tattoo look gorgeous. That symmetry creates such a depth that will instantly change the look. One of the best minimalist designs is the Egyptian style. These are front hand easy mehndi designs that are undoubtedly very unique. And if you want to have some romantic touch in your mehndi then you should choose the Lotus- Lattice combination. Here the lotus and the lattice create an amazing combination that will blow your mind and if you are still not satisfied with these designs then just look at these floral – chain designs or simple lattice designs. These designs look damn classy. The glove design mehndi or the y motif are also in great demand. The mandala – paisley combination and the single chandelier are such designs that you just can’t ignore.
9. Mandala Mehndi Designs: Mandala Designs generally look round in shape and is of great class and elegance. They are gaining more popularity these days because they reduce the boredom of the intricate designs and bring the modern essence in the design. The lace – mandala combination or the stripe – mandala combination are very popular. These look very elegant and gorgeous. Other popular mandala designs are arabic mandala, simple mandala, heavy mandala, gol tikka mandala,eid mandala, round mandala. All these look quite similar to
each other but hold different textures and different significance. Symmetry is the main thing in this pattern and only through practice you can get that particular shape. The mandala design requires spaces in between the designs and that space makes it look undeniably beautiful. The bold outlines and the small extensions create a depth in the texture of the designs and that is great. These designs are beautified with some strokes or curves on the wrists. But one thing you need to keep in mind that this design doesn’t look good on everybody’s hands. So before applying you need to be sure if it suits you or not. But undoubtedly these are the best minimal designs.
10. Unique Mehndi Designs: Who doesn’t love the sheer elegance with small paisleys! The prominence in this simple paisley design will easily draw anybody’s attention. The half hand Lotus motif design is all about charismatic beauty. In fact the abstract trailed pattern or the daisy trail also looks damn unique and provides a great beauty to your hand. The gorgeous symmetrical design or the modish trail are simple but intricate designs. They are so detailed in their designs that you will love it. The border or the anklet curves are perfect for your foot. The intricate swirls or the full fledged peacock are perfect designs for any festival. These designs look damn smart and cool and the additional floral motifs and leafy extensions will enhance the beauty. One of the most gorgeous motifs is the jhumka motif that any bride will love to have. The jhumkas look damn pretty and girly. Even the enchanting bloom also looks super cool and is one the best designs for engagement parties.