Tattoos are gaining popularity day after day.A tattoo is actually a form of body art where people generally get inked their favourite designs. The word tattoo is actually derived from the Samoan language ( the native English language). Tattooing has been practiced throughout the ancient years but time after time this concept of tattoo got modified. Nowadays mostly people get tattoos for their style statements. Actually it is a form of expression. People generally express their love, likes and interests through tattoos. This form of expression is so very unique and creative.Tattoos can generally be divided into three types :
- Pure Decoration (a design without any specific meaning)
- Symbolic (something that defines a particular meaning)
- Pictorial (an image of someone or something)
In different religions the concepts regarding tattoos are different. Like in Egypt people earlier used Tattoos to show respect and dedication to their god whereas in Hindu culture tattoos are normally accepted. But in Christianity we find no specific norms regarding tattoos.
Though the choice of getting inked is completely about personal choice. Some prefer to get inked something meaningful whereas some prefer to get some random geometric designs only for the sake of style. Even some prefer to show their tattoos off whereas some prefer to keep it hidden.
There are over 200 variations of tattoo designs for girls. But today’s our focus is on the top 20 designs. Here’s the list :
- Leg Tattoo
- Wrist Tattoo
- Neck Tattoo
- Back Tattoo
- Shoulder Tattoo
- Flower Tattoo
- Ankle Tattoo
- Black Bird Tattoo
- Rose Tattoo
- Infinity Tattoo
- Small Tattoo
- Love Tattoo
- Flying Bird Tattoo
- Star Tattoo
- Quote Tattoo
- Nature Tattoo
- Sleeve Tattoo
- Henna Tattoo
- Dragon Tattoo
- Butterfly Tattoo
1. Leg Tattoo : These Leg Tattoos for girls are damn stylish. They can be small or can cover the full leg. In both the cases we can see many different ideas. Mostly girls prefer the thigh area or the ankle area to get their tattoos inked. You can go for any designs – it can be flowers or some animals or some geometric shapes too. With the ankle length jeans or hot pants you can show off your tattoo designs well.
2. Wrist Tattoo : This wrist tattoo for girls is huge popular among the girls as it is the best showy area and so matter how much small design you choose people are gonna surely check it out. Generally people prefer some small cute designs for their wrists. And even in the case of larger designs girls mostly prefer flowers or some other girly designs. Even this area is also considered as one of the less painful areas.
3. Neck Tattoo : One of the most common tattoo concepts is these neck tattoos for girls. It is also one showy location. Therefore girls often prefer this area. Mostly Snake tattoos or Rose tattoos or some geometric shapes are done here. Generally in this area girls prefer to make some medium sized designs as this area can be covered well then.
4. Back Tattoo : This area is a superb location to do the tattoos. It is actually one of the most painful areas. Generally either people cover one side of their back or they do it in the middle of the back. Mostly people go for the larger desks only then this area can be covered well. Therefore these black tattoos for girls are simply awesome.
5. Shoulder Area : Choosing this area is nowadays becoming a very popular concept. This area is also a very painful area to get inked. Girls prefer to get inked some quotes or phrases or larger geometric shapes to make it look more visible. Along with the off-shoulder dresses this kind of ladies shoulder tattoo designs look fabulous. These shoulder tattoos for girls are gaining huge craze.
6. Flower Tattoo : Flower Tattoos are a very popular concept among women. When it comes to the ankle or the wrist girls generally prefer wildflowers along with some branches or short leaves. And when it comes to the shoulder or the neck or back girls prefer some specific floral designs like the sunflower tattoo or the daffodils etc. sometimes they go for the outlines or the cover up them with bright colours.
7. Ankle Tattoo : From the above descriptions, you guys have already understood how much this position is relevant for the tattoos. The tattoos are shorter in size in this location, so if you are planning for any simple small and cute design then this place is perfect for you. Tattoos over here look damn smart and with short dresses you can even highlight it quite well.
8. Black Bird Tattoo : It is one of the most stunning designs as it somehow defines the feminine concept of freedom. It is generally inked using black colour. It is simple, sober and beautiful. This is actually a perfect design for the minimalists. And the best part is you can do it wherever you want. It will look good in the wrist ,shoulder, forearm and even on the ankle too.
9. Rose Tattoo : For all the tattoo lovers the rose tattoo has been the most popular one. Rose is such a beautiful bloom that always draws our full attention and it is something considered to be feminine. Rose is the symbol of love thus rose tattoo symbolises love, beauty and romance. It is a very flexible tattoo and even in smaller sizes also it looks quite pretty. It can be both colourful and black and white but looks great in both the shades. There are many variations of Rose tattoos. From red to black all the shades look awesome on this tattoo. Girls prefer to do this on their shoulders or wrists or neck or back or forearm and even on shoulders too.
10. Infinity Tattoo : It is one of the cutest and most unique concepts. Actually it is the representation of mathematical terms. It is a best design for the simplicity lovers. Mostly girls love this to do because of the meaning of the symbol. Infinity means never ending, limitless. Even girls use this symbol to express their love too. To express their endless, limitless love they generally do this.
11. Small Tattoo : This intricate design will just blow your mind because of its simplicity and eye catching beauty. These are some cute tattoos for girls. Generally the minimalists prefer this design more. These small tattoos for girls obviously look cute and fine. You can get a small wildflower or a single word or a small geometric shape inked down here. Generally the wrist, forearm and ankle is chosen for this.
12. Love Tattoo : Whether you love simple vector diagrams or you love modern art, go for this tattoo. Generally girls use this tattoo to express their love for their loved one. One can also depict it as self-love. Getting inked down the heart or the word love, both can mean that you actually love yourself or can also express love, care and affection for someone special.
13. Flying Bird Tattoo : It is simply an interesting and loving design. It is also related with the feminine concepts. These are very girly tattoos. People have to spend some time even to understand the meaning of it. As we all know the popular phrase – “ free as a bird.” Therefore this is greatly fascinating for the girls. It symbolises freedom of the soul and freedom of the mind. It is perfect for wrists, forearms and back. It creates an illustrative look and that is what is most interesting about this tattoo.
14. Star Tattoo : The design with this tattoo is very soothing as it does not cover much area but enhances its delicacy anyhow. It is amazing without being too big. Generally girls prefer to do this on their belly or on wrist areas. It is like a complete show stopper. Though it is small in size but it looks absolutely classy in its own way. The stars appear at night and symbolically it therefore represents the fight against darkness. Some also define it as spirituality and they believe that the star tattoo represents divine relationship. Even if we go through the scientific knowledge we can get to know that it indirectly shows the directions too. So it holds a great significance. These cute tattoos for girls are gaining huge popularity.
15. Quote Tattoo : If you love poetry or a literature lover, then this is absolutely perfect for you. Nothing can be more elegant and mesmerising than this. It is simple but at the same time it is one of the most intricate designs. The designs of this tattoo depict a lot. It is best to do this design on wrists and forearms or neck. And as we all know the popular phrase – “ Pen is mightier than the sword.” Exactly like that this quote tattoo holds a great importance in our life. Whether it is a quote on relationship or an inspirational quote or a message for the special person, all look amazing. It is so smart and classy that it can beat any other tattoo design.
16. Nature Tattoo : This is another magical tattoo design. It always includes some very simple designs. It doesn’t symbolise anything serious actually. If you are a nature lover or a traveler then this tattoo is for you. It can be a mountain or a large tree along with its branches or can be a simple leaf. But all these nice tattoos for girls always look very unique and creative. On the other hand this tattoo depicts the woman’s power too. We all know that we worship nature as our mother therefore getting it inked down can also symbolise the power of Mother Nature.
17. Sleeve Tattoo : This is for the most extroverts. A full sleeve tattoo is an amazing idea for this. It surely creates a great for the viewers Arabs and also keep in mind that it is really a big thing. We can do full sleeve or half sleeve but it always depends upon our personal choices. For this design skull tattoos are very famous and also even the floral one. Even the tribal designs are also very popular. But make sure you go to a typically professional artist for this as depicting the details is a very tough thing.
18. Henna Tattoo : Which girl does not love mehendi and what if you get to make your mehendi design permanent? Doesn’t it sound amazing? Exactly that is why this tattoo design is so very popular among the women. Mostly people do this on their forearms and on their backs. This design is something very interesting and looks very creative. This is simple but has a very delicate touch in it. This design is all about fun and it is typically a girly design.
19. Dragon Tattoo : Dragons are the symbol of fierce strength and power. Earlier it was popular among the men but recently women are becoming fond of it. But if you are a fighter this design is perfect for you. Even Dragon symbolises protection. Therefore this tattoo holds a great significance. It plays an important role in the Chinese zodiac sign. So it is believed that if you are born in the year of the dragon, you are going to be courageous, fighter and ambitious.
20. Butterfly Tattoo : This is another tattoo design that depicts the concept of freedom, feminine choices . It looks amazingly beautiful. It is one of the most seen tattoo designs for girls. There are many variations of this design. It can be both colourful and black and white but no matter whatever shade is used to make this, it looks awesome in both the shades. Generally the blue butterfly is the most common tattoo in this design. A butterfly is the representation of a beautiful transformation therefore it holds a great significance. It suits well on the neck, back and wrist. And one of the unique designs is the 3D butterfly tattoo which looks really very photogenic. This design captures the beauty of its wings and the colour contrasts of the butterfly so well.
These are all the lists of the top 20 tattoo designs for the ladies. And this article is going to be very helpful for those who are planning to get tattoos but are not being able to understand which one to do!