India is a land of modern and cultural amalgamations. This country over the centuries has faced different cultures; all cultural traces together brighten the historical heritage in India. With 25 plus states it has many beautiful places to visit in India and to witness their architecture, culture, arts, food, and spiritual approach. Which to be explored thoroughly might take you years.
While we bring you a list of the best famous tourist places in India to help you make the most of your time exploring this amazing country.
1. Kerala: Rightly referred to as gods own country, this state is surely blessed with mother nature and is amongst the top tourist places to go and see in south India. You can witness the pristine beaches of Kovalam, Varkala, and Muzhappilangad. You must visit Alleppey, the famous ‘backwaters’ of Kerala where you can rent a houseboat, or have a meal in the boat restaurant. Another famous place to be visited in Kerala is Munnar the marvelous hill station famous for the tea gardens and scented air and lastly Kumarakom nature’s hub. Kerala is also famous for its eco-friendly and sustainable tourism drives.
2. Rajasthan: The land of royalty, warriors, pride, and romance in Rajasthan. It is the most visited travel destination place in India. This state in India has a rich history and also grabbed a place in the most important and famous places in India. Rajasthan has the richest collection of the most beautiful forts and palaces. It also homes to the largest Thar desert in India. The most visited places in Rajasthan is the pink city of Jaipur famous for Amer fort, Jaisalmer the golden city of the desert, Jodhpur the blue and Udaipur which is famous for its amazing architectural heritage.
Jaisalmer the golden city of the desert
Jodhpur ‘The Blue City’
3. Goa: Goa is the land of western culture and the top tourist destinations in India and also the best vacation places in India. What makes it most famous is its alluring beaches, the British architecture, churches, and natural beauty. It is most different from other states in India because of its colonial architecture. You can enjoy the beaches, water adventures, shacks by the beach, jaw-dropping sunsets, beachside parties, and lip-smacking foods. Places to visit in Goa has Bom Jesus basilica church with never seen interiors, Arambol beach, Bagha beach, and Mapusa market.
Bom Jesus Basilica Church
4. Punjab: Punjab amongst tourist places to visit in north India is recognized for its warriors, its religious history, the agricultural diversity, and delicious food. It is the birthplace of Sikhism. It is most famous for the golden temple in Amritsar which is the Highest pilgrimage for the Sikhs and is visited by millions of tourists each year. You must visit the holy city of Amritsar, the most well-planned city of Chandigarh and witness its mesmerizing and artistic rock garden, Jalandhar the most ancient cities of India and the beautiful villages and agricultural fields.
Golden temple in Amritsar
5. Jammu and Kashmir: This living heaven on earth is the most beautiful place in India. This state is preferred as the best holiday place in India and has a plethora of nature’s gifts in the form of charming villages, exquisite waterfalls, and pulchritudinous lakes. Places one must visit here are Shrinahgar, to see the Shikaras (small boats) market, boathouses, bird watching, and Gulmarg for the beautiful flower gardens to soothe your senses. Leh is also famous for its mountains and clear water ponds.
Himalayan Mountain top at Sonmarg
Shikaras (small boats)
6. Himachal Pradesh: Himachal Pradesh homes to the world’s highest mountain ranges and is counted as the best holiday destination in India. You can experience the mesmerizing hill stations, green paradises, different cultures, beautiful temples in the hills. You can visit Manali for its famous temples, hot water ponds, Rohtang Pass the highest mountain range covered in snow, and the water and hill sports along with a chance to paraglide above the Himalayan ranges, Shimla is another famous destination for its toy train, and remnants of Britishers in town.
Toy train of Shimla
7. Gujrat: The most colorful land in India is Gujarat which is one of the best tourist spots in India. It is famous for the largest Gir national park dedicated to Asiatic lions. You can visit the Rann of Kutch the massive flatland of salt across Thar and Arabian sea with beautiful houses made of clay and decorated magnificently with mirrors, it also observe flamingoes in particular seasons, you can visit Dwarka the birthplace of Lord Krishna and the capital city Ahmedabad serving more than 100 of breakfast option and beautiful textile and handicrafts market.
Rann of Kutch
Gir National Park
8. Uttar Pradesh: Often referred to as land of faith and spirituality, Uttar Pradesh is considered amongst the top tourist attraction places to visit in India. It houses the world-famous statue of love ‘Taj Mahal’ in Agra. The largest water source and the holiest river of Ganga also flows through here and is worshiped each day by a massive mass gathering at the river banks in Banaras, also the city of temples. It has year-old architecture like Chaukhandi Stupa and Qutub Minar. The ancient city of Ayodhya, birthplace of lord Ram and city of nawabs Lucknow.
River Banks in Banaras
9. Madhya Pradesh: The largest central state in India, Madhya Pradesh offers the best cities to visit in India. You can visit the phenomenal Bhimbetka caves the archeological site, Sanchi Stupa, Udaygiri Caves near Bhopal, the famous carved temples at Khajuraho, famous for the tale of Mowgli you can experience the wildlife in its most natural form in Kanha and Bandhavgarh national park famous for Bengal tiger, and Mandav. The two major pilgrims are Om kareshwar and Mahakal temple.
Kanha National Park
Bandhavgarh National Park
10. Meghalaya: The abode of clouds, this northeast state in India is a hidden gem and amongst the best places to travel and visit in India. This most picturesque state is filled with lush green trees, mystical waterfalls, enchanting caves, and dense forest areas. It is an ideal location for nature lovers, trekkers, and cave enthusiasts. You can witness the man-made root bridge of Cherrapunji, the awe-inspiring Krem Mawsmai Caves. And many more man-made wonders out of nature.
Man-made root bridge of Cherrapunji
Krem Mawsmai Caves
This was just a glimpse of the best and the coolest places in India giving you a reason to visit them once. So without wasting any more time grab your tickets and arrive in this land of ‘Incredible India’ taking away lots of memories.