Banana bread is something that is loved by all may it be kids or elderly and making this bread is equally easy. While many people might not be aware of how to make it, here is a version of an easy banana bread recipe.
This is a classic banana bread recipe and will take you only 10 minutes to whisk and an hour of cooking, meanwhile you can enjoy that amazing aroma moving in your house and then you have the bread cooked. Trust me, there is nothing to beat the banana bread and what can be better than homemade banana bread.
Use your Ripest Bananas:
What I love the most about this best banana bread recipe is that it can be made with your ripest bananas available in house, which does not let you waste your resources or spend extra and even after that giving you the best version of it. Following this version of moist banana bread recipe you won’t even realize that you used ripe bananas as it will be more indulged with banana flavors and you will love snacking on it every other day.
And yes talking about mashing, as this is a simple banana bread recipe and a quicker one, I like to not mash it thoroughly and leave a few banana chunks in my bread. And I do this mashing directly into my batter rather than doing it separately, which also saves me some time.
There are very few changes to a banana recipe I follow here if you compare it with the very famous recipes found in church books and famous cookbooks which make it the best banana bread recipe in the world.
And when I say much adjustable, I mean it. This dish is the best because you can make it with all the basic ingredients available in your kitchen. And you can very easily switch almost all ingredients with their substitutes you have got in your house, like multigrain flour for whole-wheat flour and brown sugar in place of white sugar. And it will still be the best in taste.
Let’s get started on how to make banana bread:
- Preparing time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Total time: 70 minutes (10 minutes extra cooling time)
- Makes: 8-inch loaf (sufficient for a family)
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
Banana Bread Ingredients:
- Cooking spray
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup of chopped nuts and chocolate chips
- 8-inch loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- A large bowl
- Whisk or fork (you can also use a mixer)
Instruction to cook:
- Preheat your oven at 350 Fahrenheit, arranging a tray in it. Then prepare the 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper letting it sit well in the pan properly. After which spray the inside using a cooking spray. Also if you are using nuts, toast them in the oven for around 10 minutes.
- Now start melting your butter using a hot pan or in the microwave, it is your choice. And if you want your bread to be like a cake in texture, let the butter soften and cream it by whisking it along with sugar. You do this with the help of a blender or a mixer.
- Now place the melted butter in a large bowl and add sugar to it. Mix it until it combines well. You can also cream it using a mixer.
- Now add the whole eggs to this batter and give it a good and nice mix until the eggs have properly mixed in the butter batter.
- Now add the milk and vanilla extract to the batter and give it a nice whisk again.
- Now peel off the banana and add them into the batter and by using your whisk or fork, start mashing it in the batter. Don’t mash it thoroughly, you can leave a few chunks if you like it.
- Now add in your measured flour, salt and soda adding it to the batter. You can now switch to a spatula and patiently start mixing the batter well with flour.
- Lastly add your roasted nuts and choc chips into the batter and softly fold it with the batter.
- Now take the loaf pan and put all your batter into it. With the help of a spatula, you can adjust the edges and smoothen the top.
- Now get your tray into your oven, setting it to cook for around 50 to 60 minutes. Bake it until it is golden brown and caramelized properly. Once the time is done, check it with inserting a toothpick in and if it comes out clean your banana bread is ready. If it is still to be cooked you can set it in the oven for the next 10 minutes while keeping a check on it.
- While your bread loaf is cooked, leave it in the pan or take it out from it holding the parchment paper, shifting it on a wire rack for it to cool down and get to normal temperature. Once it cools down, you can remove the paper and serve it into slices.
- You can also make muffins with this same batter by backing it in a muffin tray rather than a loaf pan. This same quantity will make for around 8 to 10 muffins.
- You can store the leftover in an airtight container at room temperature for a week easily. You can freeze it for longer usage by wrapping it in a foil.
I hope you liked this recipe and will use it soon. You can also switch it to a healthy banana bread recipe by substituting a healthier version of the ingredients used in making banana bread.