Wondering where to spend your New Year? Some of the best deals can be found for January. There is no better way to beat the winters than by visiting tropical destinations of the Southern parts or enjoying the mind-blowing skiing attractions of Northern territories. There is a wide range of beautiful destinations to choose from these January vacation spots. Fulfill your wanderlust by exploring the most cherishable and magical places on the earth. From peaceful beaches to adventurous mountains, here is a hand-picked list of best holiday destinations in January. Make sure you mark your most favorite January holiday destinations to travel.
1. Costa Rica: Plan your trip to the stunningly beautiful Costa Rica and experience the lush rainforests and sparkling waterfalls. Costa Rica is one of the best places to holiday in January. Explore the tropical beaches and forest trails in the most serene and peaceful place of rich biodiversity. The weather in January is usually dry and sunny. Top tourist attractions of Costa Rica are Irazu Volcano, Monteverde cloud forest hike, Turrialba rafting center, Arenal Hanging Bridges Ecological reserve and Nicoya Peninsula trek. Costa Rica is the best place to plan your last-minute trips and still get your top choices.
Monteverde Cloud Forest Hike
2. Sri Lanka: Explore the warm and lovely beaches of Sri Lanka. There is no doubt that Sri Lanka is one of the best countries to visit in January. Once made up of gold, this place is fabled to be the city of Raavana. The weather in January is delightful and spring-like with blue and clear skies. Sri Lanka has the most charming hill stations, heritage monuments, and wildlife to offer. Places like Dambulla Cave Temple, Mirissa, Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Galle and Yala National Park are a must-visit for all the tourists. All these places together make Sri Lanka perfect for a winter vacation. The two busy times in Sri Lanka are New Year and the Chinese New Year.
Dambulla Cave Temple
Dambulla Cave Temple
Sigiriya Rock Fortress
Sigiriya Rock Fortress
Yala National Park
Yala National Park
3. Dubai: Dubai is one of the best January vacation destinations for tourists around the world. Tallest structures in the world, plush restaurants, sizzling beaches, luxury shopping, and a vibrant nightlife will make your winter vacation perfect and king-like. Visit the Desert Safari, Underwater Zoo, Jumeirah Beach and Dubai mall to complete your holiday. The dry and warm temperature gives the best reason to enjoy outdoor activities. In January, the Dubai Motorbike Festival is also held at the Dubai World Trade Center.
4. Seychelles: A collection of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, Seychelles is a breathtaking and mesmerizing country. The mountainous rainforests, sizzling beaches, coral reefs, lofty peaks, and serene islands make Seychelles one of the best places to vacation in January. The magical island destination will leave you spellbound. The temperature is warm in January and ideal for a getaway from the busy city life. It has barely any vehicles or paved roads. Places to visit in Seychelles are Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve, La Digue, Beau Vallon, and Mahe. Tourists love to do scuba diving, island shopping, snorkeling and cruise rides in Seychelles.
Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve
5. Maldives: The picturesque island country with cool winds blowing over white sand coasts is one of the most popular and cheapest places to travel in January. Charming islands, lofty reefs, crystal blue sea with sun dipping in the distance also makes the Maldives one of the best honeymoon destinations in January. The average daytime weather remains dry and cool. You can enjoy the most thrilling water sports like swimming, diving, and snorkeling in the Maldives. With alluring resorts and luxurious nightlife, you can explore the finest attractions. The best places for tourists to visit are Male, Maafushi and Addu Atoll. Dhoni Cruise and the Whale Submarine are also recommended to explore the seas of Maldives.
6. Bali: There are plenty of reasons to fall in love with Bali. Tourists seeking a peaceful vacation can explore the magical and breathtaking lush flora of Bali. January is the perfect time to visit Bali as the weather is sunny and warm. Tanah Lot, Mount Batur, Uluwatu Temple, and Rice Terraces are worth experiencing. Bali is a great winter escape and one of the best places to go in January. To get the most out of your Bali vacation, visit places like Kuta, Gili, Seminyak, and Ubud as well.
7. Morocco: Morocco is full of colorful markets and ancient mosques. A charming winter destination with countless adventures, sightseeing, and history, Morocco is one of the best travel destinations in January. The vibrant city has Merana Gardens, Majorelle Gardens, Medina Souks, Atlas Mountains and Ben Haddou to offer. Visit Morocco for a blend of varied cultures and historic and ancient vibes. The weather is cool and favorable with the street-side cafes serving you the authentic Moroccan cuisine. If one wants to enjoy a mesmerizing Arabian tour in North Africa, Morocco is one of the best places to travel in January.
8. Cambodia: Cambodia is a true heritage destination of ancient buildings and Buddhist monasteries. The beautiful temples, enchanting landscapes, and sparkling beaches of Cambodia are worth visiting. Cambodia is one of the best destinations in January in Southeast Asia as the weather is pleasant, warm and sunny. The top tourist attractions of Cambodia include Angkor Wat, Kampot, Kratie, and jungle safari in Virachey National. The ancient jewels like Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, and Tonle Sap are worth a visit. Travelers enjoy the serene beaches, cosmopolitan charm and the French colonial architecture of Cambodian cities.
Koh Rong Island in Cambodia
9. Australia: January is a summer month in Sydney, Australia. You can experience thrilling activities like scuba diving, hiking, snorkeling, swimming, and parasailing. With breath-taking corals and sightseeing, Australia is one of the most favorite and best January vacations of travelers. The pleasant weather is neither too cold nor too warm. Australia is one of the most popular countries for New Year celebrations as well. The top tourist attractions of Australia are Great Barrier Reef, Whitsunday Island, and Kangaroo Island. The land of Kangaroos and coral reefs make Australia the ideal family vacation destination.
Great Barrier Reef
10. Nicaragua: Nicaragua is green and lush in January. The virgin beaches, volcanic drifts, and tropical forests are what make Nicaragua one of the best places to visit in January in the world. The weather is cozy and comfortable with minimum rainfall. The must-visit tourist attractions of Nicaragua are San Juan del Sur, Leon, Ometepe Island, Apoyo Lagoon, and Corn Islands.
San Juan del Sur
Visit these finest places around the world in January to satisfy your wanderlust. We know it will be hard for you to pick just one of these mesmerizing places but you can spend a memorable New Year at these alluring destinations with your loved ones.