Nowadays after getting into a relationship it has become very normal to have couple tattoos. Now the first question comes into our mind: what is actually a couple tattoo? Actually couple tattoos don’t hold any significant meaning, they only show great affection and love for one another. It shows the bonding, the affection and the completeness between two lovers. Getting the same concept of image or the half portion of a full image synchronised with your special person, shows the depth of love. It’s actually a very trendy concept. There are actually so many ways to show love for each other but this idea is something very innovative.
Though the choice always lies upon the personal preference of the couple but there are vivid collections or concepts of couple tattoos.Let’s now talk about some of the very interesting ideas.
1. A Matching Couple Tattoo : Generally these kinds of tattoos don’t hold any sort of significant meaning but the only purpose is to show the bonding, permanency of relation and the similarities between the two sweethearts. If you go through the below mentioned image you can see well the similarities of the two tattoos, they are exactly identical. The concept of this tattoo is that in love we hold each other’s hands.
2. Marriage Couple Tattoo : It’s kind of a fun packed concept and also kinda cheesy. But as girls love these concepts, the husbands can even deny it! Jokes apart, this couple tattoo signifies the meaning of marriage through a very symbolic way. But if both the lovers are fun lovers then this one is perfectly appropriate for them. In this image we can see the words “Mr” and “Mrs” and we all know how it signifies the meaning of marriage.
3. The Band : Simple design lovers always go for this pattern and it is one of the simplest forms of tattoo art. It holds a particular meaning and the concept is very clear. Two lovers get inked with two identical bands and it represents the bonding of their relationship. Though you can customise the designs and can make it a complex one too, from the perspective of designs but mostly people prefer the simple ones as it looks quite smart. Like in this image you can see that couples haven’t made them look simple bands rated they look like rings.
4. Area of Interest : As we all know that location based tattoo is a very common and popular concept. Therefore this is for those lovers sharing love for the same area based tattoos. Like if we see this below given image we can see that both the lovers have got inked on the same area, that’s the wrist. It actually signifies the simplicity of interest and always brings a smile to your face whenever you two look together at your tattoos.
5. Matching Sleeves : One of the most bold couple tattoo designs is this Matching Sleeves. Mostly introverted couples prefer this pattern as it’s a big thing to commit. They are often inked with a variety of colours with a black outline. It can be of floral designs or skull designs or anything but it covers the whole sleeves or the half sleeves and looks quite similar. Generally colourful sleeve tattoos look very much bright whereas the black coloured sleeve tattoos look classy and bold.
6. Love and Hate : Not every couple goes for the cheesy designs or quotes some shows the contradictions too. It’s like we can have mismatches or opposition but that’s the way how we complement each other. This image shows that the couple has written love and hate. The words are exactly opposite to each other and it may too signify that they are also very much opposite in their natures.
7. The Promise : Relationships are based on the promises and commitments lovers share to each other. And exactly from there the concept of this promised tattoo has been derived. Sometimes they get inked the same promise like I will stay by your side forever or love you forever or sometimes they try to bring the individualities by writing different promises.
8. Love Tattoo : It is simply impossible that we are talking about lovebirds and will not mention the word love or the design named “Love Tattoo”. It is a very common concept. Either we write the word love or we decorate the word love with hearts or floral designs. Often couples do this on their forearm or wrist. Generally black or red is used to make this.
9. Unique Tattoo : Some love creativity and uniqueness and this personalised concept goes well with them as it creates an innovation in the tattoo design. Like if we see the below image minutely we can see that this couple’s tattoo talks about gender equality or about the concept that we share our responsibilities and we respect each other. Actually this type of customised tattoo designs have no specific meanings and all we can do is guess blindly. But that uniqueness looks simply cute.
10. Eternity Tattoo : Marriage is eternal, permanent and heavenly bonding. These eternity tattoos are a perfect pattern for the married couples as it reflects the meaning of marriage quite well. Lovers too go for this design to show the permanency of their relationship. Generally black colours are used to make these tattoos. Another stylish fact about this design is that you can just get the internet sign and that will depict the entire message. So it’s actually a very pretty design to look at and a very soothing one too.
And there are many more designs that include the concept of a couple tattoo. It simply looks mind blowing, adorable and gorgeous. Getting inked a promise or a symbol to emphasise your love is such a cool idea! Earlier there was a time when couples shared the same personalised lockets or photographs but in this era of tattooing nothing can be cooler than exchanging couple tattoos. It is not only a mere tattoo concept rather it reflects an entire love story through a simple design. And instead of exchanging engagement rings having same band tattoos is quiet a smart, bold and funny idea.